You must not neglect the daily disciplines. That which is easy to do, is easy not to do.
The big mistake you have made in the past is that you think a huge amount of effort is needed now, in this very moment, to change or achieve something. In some instances this can be true. However, with most areas of your life it is the small daily tasks that will add up to success in the long run.
Imagine your life in five years if you didn’t wash your teeth every day. It sounds crazy, however, the three minutes spent every morning and evening washing your teeth is time well invested.
In the same way, imagine your life in five years if you:
- Ate an apple every day
- Walked a half hour during lunch every day
- Swam 20 laps every morning before work
- Took your vitamin tablets every day
- Drank the correct amount of water every day
- Got the correct amount of sleep every day
- Kissed your wife and your children every day and told them you loved them
- Did a couple of weights every day
- Spoke to your mam and dad every day
- Avoided bread during the work week
- Sent a couple of texts to your friends every week
All of the above are easy to do. However, they are also easy not to do. Doing these things once or twice and stopping won’t make any difference to you, but doing them every day for five years will change your life. Missing these things once or twice won’t make any difference to you, but not doing them for five years will leave you with very dirty teeth.